.:Momentsxx:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  .:Portal:..:Portal:.  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
:] Hello there! And welcome to Momentsxx! [:
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
C-Box
AHHHH.
Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 pm by Donna
I guess it's pretty much safe to say that we are dying or already dead. This saddens me. WHERE IS EVERYONE?! I admit I've been very busy with school work, and with my job, and friends, church, and all the other million things going on in my life and haven't been on much either... But I want to change that! All I've been writing lately is random journals, and essays and what not for my online language arts courses, I NEED something to get me excited about writing again. When I was roleplaying my …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 2
Making a World
Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:09 am by Wolves
Okay so I am going to help make a world cause we need something new going on here and now is the time to decide which you would like, below i will give a small description of the worlds so you get the idea.

Horse world
We are wild horses or ones in ranches near by. there will be wide open land then stables on the side so you can choose to be wild or captured. this is the times of us in a way like no rustlers really but we stick to western ways almost. there will be different types of lands …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 3
Poll

Bar Habour

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

Female Posts : 2381
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Bar Habour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:26 am

Jason and I ran until we reached the rest of the wolves in the group, all sitting behind Callan. We slowed to a jog and went around him, joining up with the rest of the wolves. Callan eyed me and then Jason before looking ahead, toward the back of the girl's neighbor's house. Paul says you two went after the Merewen girl. I'm assuming you caught her? He asked, and I heard Jason's deep voice in my head. It surprised me, because hearing another wolf's voice aside from the Alpha's didn't happen often, only when they wanted it to be heard. Of course we did, buried the remains on the far edge of town because some others were after us. He said with confidence. After a moments silence, Callan looked back over his shoulder and looked at me.
He stood and walked with sly steps in my direction while I sat on my haunches, ears forward. He leaned in toward me and sniffed my shoulder twice. I smell her scent on you, he said, and I could hear the smile in his voice. He turned away and began walking toward the woods. Tonight was a good night, soon we'll strike again. He decided, and the rest of us stood and began to follow suit. However, he paused and looked back toward us. Go home. He said, releasing us from the urge to follow. Paul and Chris bounded away almost immediately, going in somewhat of the same direction as Callan. Jason and I very briefly exchanged glances before running off in different directions. But I had a headache from all of the mind games, so I almost immediately morphed human and jogged the rest of the way home. It'd been a long night.
Back to top Go down
http://thevoiceroleplay.forumotion.com
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

Female Posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:33 am

After bandaging up my ankle I opted for a cat bath instead of a full shower and got a wet wash cloth and cleaned off my arms and legs. I then made my way to Mary's room where I found some Pajamas in her closet. I slid out of the torn dress and put on the comfy clothes that smelled of detergent. She wouldn't mind, I did this often when I didn't want to be alone in that big house of mine, and since we were the same size I usually never brought clothes. We had a pretty cool friendship, and I was thankful to have her around. She'd probably freak after what I'll be telling her, and tomorrow I'd have to deal with the police and have to go back to my house and see what was stolen. I wasn't looking forward to that at all. I moved from her bedroom into her living room and flopped down on the couch. Mary and I were Supernatural fans and I knew she had some new episodes on her DVR that I hadn't seen, but then I decided to go for regular TV because I had dealt with enough thrills tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://momentsxx.rpg-board.net
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:13 am

The next day I woke up to the sound of the garbage truck making its weekly rounds just outside my apartment building. I flew out of bed at the sound because that meant it was almost eleven in the morning, and that meant that I was over three hours late for my shift at the cafe. I rushed to get ready, stepping into the black work pants and pulling a white t-shirt over my head. I brushed my teeth, splashed my face with water and slipped my shoes on without tying the laces near the door. Lastly, I grabbed my phone and wallet and ran out the apartment, locking my door behind me.
The cafe was two blocks away and I didn't own a car, so I started running as soon as I hit the bottom of the stairs, since the elevator was broken. I ran past the late morning crowd and finally around the corner where the shoppe was. It had an old brick layout that was true to its original state, though the inside was entirely redone with clear glass windows, serene beige walls and shiny hardwood floors that were freshly waxed every night. I pushed through the glass doors and past the employee at the register, who glared sidelong at me until I disappeared behind the kitchen's double-doors. A guy named Zach, who I wouldn't particularly like to call my friend due to his sexist, crude tendencies and general douchiness, was already loading dishes in the dishwasher.
"Asshole! You left all the morning work to me!" He complained, watching me over his shoulder as I strapped a dirty white apron to my waist and pulled it over my head.
"Shut up," I said with a small smirk, placing my wallet and phone in the back room.
"You must have had a late one last night! Whoo-ee, Maggie is gonna be pissed..." He almost sang, and I could hear the grin in his voice. I repeated what I said last, shut up, and came back out, immediately grabbing a rag and a dish bin to head out and clean off the tables, because their upkeep had fallen behind.. As had I. I had some major butt kissing to do before Maggie, the manager, came in and saw what time I clocked in.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:02 am

I was woken up by a cautious hand tapping my shoulder. I sat up and opened my eyes which were blurry because of the sleepies I'd accumulated. I had to rub my eyes a few times before my vision was completely back to normal. I yawned and covered my mouth as I looked around drowsily, realizing that I wasn't in my house. I looked up and Mary was standing over me, a worried expression on her face.
"Audrie.. Oh my gawd you're okay!!" She tackled me onto the couch capturing me in one of her famous bone crunching hugs.
"Wha...?" I groaned as I pushed her off of me. "What..." Then everything from last night flooded back into my head. "Mary! Oh my gosh, I'm so glad to see you. I thought I was going to be dead last night!" I said and hugged my best friend.
I pulled back and looked at her, finally taking in her appearance, "Audrie I was out all night looking for you. Maggie is missing, someone kicked down her door last night, and she's gone, there were traces of blood but no finger prints were found. The police were swarming all around your house as well, looks like a break in, but nothing was stolen and same thing, no finger prints, and no blood." She paused and then spoke again, "Where were you last night?! She demanded after she had finished telling me what had happened.
I stared at her in horror. "Oh my gosh... ." I squinted my eyes and looked down.
"I remember falling asleep on the couch, then I woke up because I heard a crash and I saw two men before booking it out the door. I ran through the woods towards town... and I, I heard a scream. It came from Maggie's house." I said, still in shock from the news. I had never really liked Mary, but to hear that she had just disappeared like this, well, who wouldn't be sad.

"Oh my gosh, Audrie.. I'm just so glad you're okay. The last place I thought you would be was here, after hearing about you disappearing as well." She said. I cleared my dry throat and looked down sadly.
"You need to talk to the police, tell them what you saw and heard. Okay? I'll call and see if you can meet one of their men somewhere." She said as she got up and went into the kitchen, not before turning around to say, "Meanwhile, clean yourself up.."

I nodded and obediently stood up, testing my foot and smiling when it wasn't as painful as it had been yesterday. I had fallen asleep on the couch while watching old re-runs, I clicked off the TV and trudged groggily into Mary's room. I stripped out of the pajamas and jumped in the shower. I came out ten minutes later and fixed myself up. I borrowed some clothes from Mary, and she let me use her make up so I could hide some of the scratches I had acquired on my face while running through the woods. When I was all set I glanced at myself in the mirror. My red hair was down and wavy, I had light make up on, blush, lipstick, mascara and concealer, and I was wearing some acid washed skinny jeans, and an off the shoulder black t-shirt with some converse. Satisfied with my appearance I walked out into the main room where Mary was just hanging up the phone.

"It's all set, you're going to meet with some Police guy at The Coffee Shoppe." She said as she handed me a piece of paper. "Here's his name and number just in case you can't find him for some strange reason." She added, then as an after thought, "Oh, you have to meet him in like ten minutes, here's some money, and go get some breakfast there." She said as she handed me money.

"Okay.. thanks Mary." I said, she smiled and then motioned for me to be gone. I laughed and turned towards the door and headed out.

When I finally arrived to the Shoppe I glanced inside, to see an official looking man sitting at one of the tables. He was definitely not just a police officer. I bit my lip and pushed the door in, a little chime going off to announce my arrival. I stepped into the Shoppe and was engulfed by the aroma of fresh coffee. I smiled, coffee always calmed me down. I pushed my hair behind my ears and slowly made my way over to the table. "Excuse me? Uhmm,"I paused to look at the paper Mary had given to me for the first time, "Detective Reynolds?" I said uncertainly. The young man lifted his head and turned to look at me, he offered me a small smile.

"You must be Ms. Merewen," He said as he stood and offered his hand. I reached out and shook it, "Nice to meet you, unfortunately these circumstances aren't the best. But it's good to see that you aren't missing after all." He said warmly. "Please sit, I have a few questions."

I nodded and returned his smile, I sat on the stool at the table and couldn't help but notice the guy behind the counter peeking over at me. I turned my head and fully looked at him. It was him.. Him! I frowned and the Detective noticed, he turned and glanced at the man as well, but he had already turned away and began to wipe down counters. I quickly looked away and down at my hands. "Who was that?" Det. Reynolds asked. "You didn't look happy upon seeing him." He said observantly as he pulled out his note pad.

I shook my head, "Oh, just a friend of mine, we had a falling out." I found myself lying. What was wrong with me? Why was I not pointing and shouting: THERE HE IS! The guy that broke into my house and most likely killed my neighbor! Arrest him!!. I had no idea, but the only thing I remembered was the last glance he sent me last night, there was something about the look in his eyes that just.. Well, I couldn't tell the Det. about him. Apparently the guy had been eavesdropping and upon hearing what I had said he glanced over at me then went back to his work. Nosy little bas-

I was cut off as the Detective started his questioning. It was long, and boring, and my stomach was growling like crazy the whole time, but he was insistent that I answer every question as detailed and lengthily as possible. So I did just that, I gave him every last detail, but skirted around the scene in the alley, I also told him that I hadn't seen the mens faces. Crazy right? Yeah I think that little fall in the woods must have given me a concussion. The whole time, no-name over there kept glancing over, it was really annoying actually and I wanted to tell him to mind his own business, but I couldn't unfortunately. By the end of the meeting he had gotten every single scrap of detail he could get. Seriously, I'm surprised he didn't ask me what color underwear I was wearing, or my bra even, hell maybe he wanted to know their brand and how much they costed! Anyways, long story short the guy was very thorough.

After the Detective left I felt as if my stomach was going to turn inside out, so I jumped out of the stool and walked over to the counter to order some food and a coffee. I noticed that the man behind the counter, no-name, as I liked to call him was wearing a name tag, Liam, sounded like a normal enough name. I looked away, not wanting to talk to him as I waited for someone to take my order.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:28 am

Of all the things I expected to happen this morning, the nameless girl from last night having a meeting with a cop in the cafe where I worked was not one of them. I expected to be tracked down or called, or maybe for a police officer to go around town with a police sketch of my face until he found me. But for them to come in and have their little pow-wow right in front of me while I furiously ran a damp rag in circles over the glossy tables? It must have been a sick sort of joke. Teasing me before the man in the suit cuffed my hands behind my back and loaded me in the car. It'd be an easy escape for me, of course. But it wouldn't go without killing a few people and freaking dozens more out. It'd be the biggest wolf hunt the modern world had ever seen... A thousand dollar bounty on my head that made hillbillies with rifles on the entire Eastern side of the states drool with lust...
My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a surprising sentence slip past the girl's lips. She called me a friend, and said we had a falling out... Was that what she thought of last night? I smirked down at the table I cleaned and glanced up to see her staring daggers at me before looking back at the fed in front of her. I averted my gaze for a few more seconds before glancing back, and continued to do so until I was finished with my work at the tables. I swung the rag around once before slinging it over my shoulder and looked back over my shoulder at the girl, then pushed through the double doors. I remained in there for a long time, scrubbing tough dishes and setting the cleaned ones up for use.
By the time I passed the double doors again, another employee pushed through in just enough time for me to glance out and see the federal agent leaving Ms. Merewen alone. I watched, but he left without paying me any mind. Somewhat confused, I went through the doors and stood behind the counter, using the corner of my rag to clean the edge of it in order to look useful. I wasn't sure if she was going to leave or not until I looked up and she was at the end of the counter, waiting for someone to take her order.
This was an opportunity I could not miss. I moved toward the register just a little faster than Emily, the regular late morning cashier, and I smiled at her to let her know I had it. Not being the most positive worker, she didn't care, and turned away to busy herself with something else. I put the rag over my shoulder again and rest a hand on the register, looking up at the girl with a small smile that probably said everything on my mind. "Can I help you, ma'am?" I asked, looking past her at the door and then back to her.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:41 am

I looked up as Liam walked over to the register and gave me a smug little smile. "Can I help you, ma'am?" I heard the tone in his voice, and that was enough to push me over. I turned towards him and stared him straight in the eye. "Listen here, Liam, you better tell me who the heck you are, why you broke into my house, and what you did with Maggie." I said in icily in a hushed voice. "Got the picture?" I narrowed my eyes, his little smile getting on my nerves already. I leaned on the counter and stared at him without changing my position.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:47 am

I stared the girl right in the eyes as she spoke sharply to me, her tone somehow evading the notice of everyone around. My smile started to fade until it was just a polite cashier smile, but I was still incredibly amused. "Can't do that. What can I get you?" I asked, raising my eyebrows slightly and glancing away then back at her again. My fingers tapped inaudibly on the side of the register as I waited, excitement and nervousness rising in my chest. But she wouldn't be able to see either of those, just a cool face that wasn't going to readily offer up answers.
[Now she should be like "-blah whatever she wants to order-, now give me a reason not to turn around and tell him exactly what happened." And he'll say the thing I wanted him to. xDD But it's obviously up to you. :3]
Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:51 am

I rolled my eyes. "You think you're so smart." I laughed and shook my head. "I'll have a cinnamon roll and a white hot chocolate. Please." I said condescendingly. "Now give me one good reason not to turn around, run out that door and tell him what really happened. I could have you and your little pals butts locked up in jail in no time." I said coolly. "I suggest you start talking."
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:58 am

I smiled sweetly back at the girl when she called me smart sarcastically, then looked down and put the order into the register. My hand paused over the outdated keys and I looked back up at her just before she finished saying how she could have us locked in jail, suggesting that I talk to her. "A cinnabon, white hot chocolate with a side of threat." I furrowed my eyebrows, then lifted them and clenched my teeth, grimacing playfully. "We're fresh out of threats." I said, feigning remorse. I looked back over at her and glanced back and forth between her eyes. "Maybe you'd like to try forgiving and forgetting instead? Because we saved your ass." I added in a polite tone, grinning afterwards. I knew I had to be majorly pissing her off, and nobody hated being pissed off more than I did... But it was just too fun.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:17 am

This guy was good, but, he had to be a lot better than that. I laughed sarcastically, "Oh, we have a smart ass and a comedian in the house. Hah! Who would've thought." I said, my laughter stopping as I stared at him dead on. "Oh, you saved me? If I remember correctly, YOU broke into my house, YOU chased me, and YOU deceived me into thinking you were a good guy. Which I'm pretty sure you aren't by the way, considering you were begging me to trust you so you could save me from someone that I assume you probably made up, just to get me to go with you and have me disappear like my neighbor did." I raised my eyebrow. "I saved your ass by not turning you in. Breaking and entering lets see, about six months in jail, kidnapping, a maximum of LIFE in jail." I said matter-of-factly. "But you know, it's fine, you don't have tell me, I'll just hear about it all in the news after I call that nice Detective back in to arrest your sorry ass. It's no problem at all." I laughed menacingly.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:25 am

My smile gradually faded as I watched the girl's eyes, waiting for her to finish as she went on about what she thought I'd done. I didn't break into her house, which I wanted to point out, but maybe the fact that my friend did wouldn't hold my case very well. And she was right, she had saved my ass by not turning me in to the detective. At least, saved me from the hillbillies with shotguns. I pressed my lips together in a firm line and narrowed my eyes at her, waiting a moment after she finished laughing. "Done yet?" I asked in a quiet voice. I looked away, at a person who'd gotten in line behind her. My eyes returned to hers and I hesitated a moment before speaking again. "I can't explain anything, I'm working." I said, licking my lips and glancing back over my shoulder briefly. "Look, I appreciate you keeping it on the down low. But I think we both did something for each other, so nothing's owed. Trust me, last night could have been a whole lot worse for you." I said, lifting my eyebrows and smiling quickly, but it faded almost immediately and I looked to her again.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:51 am

I watched him with raised eyebrows, and a smile appeared on my face when I realized I had won my argument, but disappeared just as fast when he went on to say that we both did each other favors and didn't owe each other anything. "What?.." I snapped becoming even more frustrated. "My NEIGHBOR is missing! And as far as I know you had something to do with it, or you at least know what happened." I said in a low voice so that the lady behind me wouldn't hear. I stared at him for a full second then threw my hands in the air. "You know what, it's not even worth the frustration." I huffed and stepped out of the line and into the 'Pick up line', "Just give me what I ordered." I said unkindly and looked away.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:25 am

I turned my head slightly to watch as the girl went down the counter to the pick up area, enabling the next woman to step up. "Someone will be right with you." I said politely to the strange woman, then walked to the pastry area, grabbing her cinnabon with a piece of tissue. "Well, losing your temper isn't gonna get you anywhere." I said in a calm, still professional voice. I couldn't afford to lose this job, on top of everything else. I placed her food in a bag, closed it, then grabbed her drink from the barista. I set them on the counter and slid them toward her, but didn't take my hands away right away.
"I know your neighbor is missing, and I hope they find them." I said without flinching, though I knew that nobody who went missing was going to be found in one piece. "But being around me can only do you wrong. If you want something else from me, take this advice; don't move back into your house. Move in with your friend and don't mention your last name out loud. You can think whatever the hell you want of me, but I didn't take anyone and I'm not going to." I said in a hushed tone, finally pulling my hands back to my sides. I narrowed my eyes slightly and watched her carefully, unsure of what her reaction would be.

Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:39 am

I waited a minute or two then finally looked up to see what was taking so long, he gathered my things and was walking over to the counter. Finally. I stood up straight and waited for him to hand my order over, but he didn't just yet. I raised an eyebrow as he spoke. "What? Why?" I questioned, now becoming confused, "What does my last name have to do with anything?" I shook my head. "You know what, just, stay away from me." I said, pulling my cinnabon and chocolate out of his hands, turning, and walking away. This was weird, really weird. I held my hot chocolate and the paper bag with my cinnabon in one hand as I pulled my sweater closer around me. It had started to rain outside and there was a steady breeze that chilled down to the bone. I took a deep breath and pushed through the doors out of the warmth of the coffee shop and into the cold autumn breeze.
I glanced back into the shoppe at Liam a last time, shook my head, then walked away. I drank and ate as I walked, and all the while thought about what he could have meant by what he said.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:55 am

I shook my head lightly after the girl left the cafe, telling me to stay away from her. I already planned on that, although it might not be that easy. Not if she wouldn't at least take heed to any warnings I gave out. I stared out into the rain after her for what felt like a few seconds, but it might have been longer as Zach came out and smacked me with a damp wash rag. "Hey, earth to Faron!" He said, and I turned after a moment, twisting and then cracking my own rag at him. It whipped his neck and he laughed a squeaky, irritating laugh, jumping backwards. I smirked without humor and glanced back toward the door, then went about my work into the kitchen. I tried hard to think about something else, but the damn girl just kept creeping back into my thoughts and I found myself wishing I could protect her more. But it just wasn't possible.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:07 am

After a few minutes of walking the rain had picked up and I was almost soaked. My hair hung limply around my face and my skinny jeans and shirts clung to me tightly. I finished off my cinnabon and stuffed the paper bag into my pocket as I walked in the direction of my house, it was still marked off with the yellow 'Crime Scene' tape. I sighed and slid under the tape as I continued to walk and sip my hot chocolate.
"Hey, you can't be here! This is a crime scene!" Said a police officer as he hurried up to me.
I glanced over at him but kept walking as I replied, "This is my house," then I stopped and turned to him, "and before you start to interrogate me, I've already been interrogated by one of your Detectives, so if you don't mind I really just want to get my things and leave." I said quietly.
He looked at me for what seemed like forever then nodded. "Hey Scott, escort this lady into her house so she can collect her things." The other officer nodded and accompanied me inside as I gathered all of my belongings into a few bags and lugged them outside. "I'll be staying in town with a friend, just call me on her home phone," I handed them a paper with the number scribbled on it, "if you need me to answer any more questions, or whatever." I said.

While I had been inside I had called Mary and asked her to give me a lift so I could take my stuff back to her place, and most importantly, if it was even okay for me to stay with her. Of course she readily agreed and said that she would put some clean sheets and blankets in the guest bedroom. I honestly don't know what I would do without her.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:17 pm

The rest of my day went by in a fog, people coming and going and things happening, but I never really felt present until my shift ended and I was hanging up my apron, throwing my rag into a hamper in the back of the kitchen. The manager had come in and given me an earful about being late, threatened to fire me, but as usual she never did. I was thankful for that, I suppose, but it was starting to just become a regular thing. I said bye to Zach and the manager, tucked my wallet and phone into the back pocket of my work pants and stepped outside of the cafe.
The rain was still coming down in light sheets, not a pouring rain, but a soaking one. Despite clinging to awnings and passing under as many sidewalk trees as I could, I was drenched by the time I got back to my apartment. I pushed through the doors and checked my back pocket, which surprisingly was only damp, keeping my wallet and phone safe. I walked up the stairs without much enthusiasm and entered my apartment after unlocking it with the set of keys on my belt loop. My apartment was quiet and dark, a little messy but nothing that a few minutes of straightening up wouldn't fix. But I didn't feel like doing that. I undressed from my work clothes, showered, redressed in jeans and a t-shirt and crashed on the couch. It was only two in the afternoon, but I wasn't feeling going out again. All I could think about was when Callan would decide to attack again, and when the shit would finally hit the fan with me protecting that girl. He'd find out, I was sure of it. And probably no matter what I did or what I told her, she'd die a violent death.

Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:42 pm

[TWO WEEKS LATER]

It had been a few weeks since the break in, I was now living with my friend Mary and my house was up for sale and there was still no trace of my neighbor. Honestly I was kind of glad to be rid of that house, it was way to big for one person anyways, and it was just kind of creepy at times because it was so old and some parts of it hadn't been remodeled. Mary was happy to have me around and I was happy to be around as well, it was nicer to live with someone than being alone all the time. Mary and I had had a few falling out's though, but it was only normal, two girls living in close proximity were bound to fight once in a while anyways.

I slammed my hand down on the desk, "Arrgghhh!! Damn computer." I said for about the hundredth time that night. My computer kept freezing up while I was editing some senior portraits I had taken for Mary's cousin the other day. I was earning a little money doing some photo shoots here and there, and I was kind of happy with it. I was just happy with life in general, it sucked that it had to happen like this, but I'm glad it had happened someone. Maybe getting scared out of my house and being chased threw the woods did turn out to be a good thing. I know, it was crazy thinking, but I was trying to look at the bright side of things. During the past weeks I had avoided the Coffee Shoppe like the plague, not wanting to see Liam again, somehow just seeing his face set my temper off. It was a bit odd, but I just decided I wouldn't see him again, it's not like he was in my life anymore. I didn't want any explanations like I had wanted at first, and he apparently didn't want to offer any, so I left it at that.

I closed my computer angrily as I stood up from the office chair and stalked out of the room. Mary looked up from her magazine and laughed, "Computer strike again?" She asked even though she already knew.
I grumbled under my breath and nodded. "I'm going for a walk." I said, grabbing a scarf and wrapping it loosely around my neck then grabbing my jacket and pulling it on.
She waved her hand and then I stepped out the door into the cool evening air. I took a deep breath then snuggled deeper into my jacket as stepped away from the closed door and made my way down the sidewalk and in the direction of the beach. It wasn't far from where we lived and it was where I went to clear my head.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:50 am

The next two weeks would go on to be surprisingly... normal. I had a good few work weeks, getting there on time and receiving a minimal scolding from managers and the owner, and I never again saw that girl walk back into the shoppe. One weekend I went on what some might call a camping trip, but I saw it as more of a hiatus from the drama in the pack. Sometimes I'd be a zombie at work thanks to Callan's late night meetings, which we never really did anything in, he just wanted to make sure the pack was all together and discuss the next attacks. Once again, he did not tell us when the attacks would happen.
My little trip only lasted until early on Monday morning and, running all the time in wolf form, I'd gotten as far as New Hampshire's border before I turned and came back. You'd be surprised how quickly you can travel when all you want to do is run and when you can cut through every field and every forest, bound by no roads. When I returned, I met Jason on the outskirts of Bar Harbor. For some reason he was in wolf form too, maybe doing some scouting for Callan, but he went back toward town with me. He said he was surprised that I was able to go so far, that the pack instinct usually had a way of stopping him when he got more than twenty miles or so away from Callan in wolf form. I didn't know what to think of it, but I knew I didn't feel like Callan should know I went so far, so I changed human quickly and said bye to Jason, walking the rest of the way home. I was in serious need of a shower.
A week after that on a Thursday, I went into work on time again and went about my work expecting it to be a regular day like every other.

--

Callan walked through the woods on two feet instead of four, wanting to keep his thoughts to himself for a time. He went slowly, expertly crossing over fallen logs and breyers, never losing his balance or footing even once. It came with spending most of his time in and near the woods for so long. Outcast. He looked good for his age, handsome and reaching his late thirties, but even he wasn't around for the devastation that his ancestors suffered. Being hunted and chased, away from food and away from livable conditions. Speared, shot and stabbed until there was a mere half a dozen left in the entire Eastern side of the United States. They were lucky to be unrelated and so, the species lived on. But natural causes and old age ended most before they could reproduce, and even not every generation was blessed with what many called a curse.
They were forced to mix with humans, creating half-blooded wolves, but wolves nonetheless. They were irrational in behavior and didn't have all of their pack instinct, making for some very untrustworthy and odd packs. But still packs; they were lucky to have anything left at all. Callan himself, he was a half blood, but he despised how half breeds such as himself were forced to come to be. Not even enough wolves for pure breeding because of those hunters, those families. The thought of them sickened him. Perhaps it was all the stories he was told by his grandfather and father, which were passed down from their grandfathers. But he'd been raised to think these people were inhuman, responsible for their ancestor's decisions. Raised to think they deserved death because of it, an extinction of their own families just like they'd endangered theirs. And who could blame him for these morbid thoughts, strewn with justice in his mind? He'd grown to think nothing less. Prepared for the day when he left his home, his family, gathered a new pack and returned to the place where his ancestors were slaughtered.
He pondered this and more as he reached the end of the forest, entering out into a wide field that was part of a park. There were benches sitting at certain points along the narrow white sidewalk that ran through it. Far to his right was a brick building with restrooms and showers in it to clean up after the beach, but the place was deserted. It was cold to humans, and none of them saw fit to be at the beach anymore. Callan, he didn't feel cold nearly as easily. He wasn't immune to low temperatures, but his body temperature ran much higher than humans, as did all shifters', so he was able to enjoy the outdoors well into the brisk evenings. He went through the grass and over the sidewalks, eventually reaching the concrete steps, littered with sand, that went down over the dunes and directly to the beach. He looked back over his shoulder, wondering when the rest of the group would be there for the pack meeting, but he heard nothing.
He continued down and walked across the beach, settling at a spot only a few feet from where the tide stretched. He stretched one leg out and pulled the other up, resting his arms across his knee as he stared out at the grey ocean waves, still deep in thought.

Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:34 am

It wasn't a long walk and I reached the beach in a few minutes. My feet sunk into the sand as I walked towards the shoreline, the waves rolling in, then rolling back out in a never ending cycle. I sighed and stopped a foot before the shoreline and stared out at the dark sea. A few lamps along the boardwalk illuminated the beach and shimmered in the water. I took in a deep breath of the salty air and the let it back out, calming myself down almost instantly. After a minute I turned and walked along the shoreline a ways, till a figure caught my eyes and I stopped to glance up. There was a lone figure sitting on the beach, I could make out his male features in what little light there was from the lamps, he had one leg stretched before him and the other pulled up to his chest. I didn't give much much thought to the man as I continued on my way.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:01 am

Callan heard the gentle brush of footsteps on the sand even over the crashing waves and wind over the water. He wet his lips, which were becoming dry thanks to the salty air, and waited a moment longer before glancing back over his shoulder toward the figure. Her appearance meant nothing to him nor did her presence, so he quickly turned and stared out at the dark waves again. She probably was somebody normal just on a walk, maybe having petty problems with her family. But then she walked near him and the salty sea breeze carried a scent that didn't belong there, a scent that made his nose and sinuses feel like they were burning up on the inside. It was the blood of one of the families, and when he took another subtle whiff, he recognized it from the Merewen house. Only one girl lived there, and Liam had taken care of her...
He looked back toward her again, this time with futility in his eyes. He hadn't seen Liam kill her, only caught her scent... He clenched his teeth and looked out to the waves again with a stare so intense.. It was the look of a wolf closing in on its prey, a cold look that told its victim the wolf didn't have a choice but to do so. He waited a moment and let the fact that Liam obeyed sink in before looking back at her again, disgusted by her presence, her face. Her ancestors had done this, and he felt the urge to stand and slaughter her himself. But no. He'd make Liam do it, if he favored her so much... Her death would come at his hands. Or else, the mutt would pay for that measure of disobedience. Callan was again reminded that scum like the girl he stared at was the reason there was so much indecency and fraud within packs, which were once pure and loyal.

[He's a bit evil. xD]
Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:52 am

I continued to walk, until I felt eyes on me, like I was being watched. I glanced back toward the figure that sat on the sand, I was now considerably closer and could make out more of his features. He didn't look familiar at all, but he was watching me. As I drew closer the light glinted off his eyes, and he was glaring at me with such intensity that it chilled me to the bone. I looked away quickly and glanced back out at the ever turning waves, trying to not look at his face and meet his eyes. I failed and glanced back, he was still watching. I shivered once then quickly turned away and headed towards the boardwalk and the path that lead back to town. This was creeping me out, he could be some rapist for all I knew, and every sense in my body yelled at me to get the heck out of there. So I did. I picked up my pace and jogged down the beach back towards where I came. As I was about to get onto the sidewalk I saw a group of people coming towards me, I then squeezed to the side to let them get by... (Dun dun dunnnnnn xD)
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:14 pm

The corner of Callan's mouth twitched into a morbid grimace of a smile as he looked ahead just after the girl left the area. He had somewhat of an inclination to follow her and end what his pack member miserably failed to do, but it'd come all in good time. She wasn't going anywhere, because if there was one thing he knew for certain, it was that Liam didn't tell her the truth. She would have left town that night, if she knew. Callan heard the shuffle of footsteps up near the park and came to his feet, turning to face the beach's exit. His smile had faded and a cold, sour expression took its place as he glanced back and forth between the girl leaving and his group coming.
The group was larger than that which attacked almost exactly two weeks prior. There were eight wolves (in human form) now, still only a little more than half of the real pack. No one knew for sure why Callan preferred to meet in small sections of the pack, but nobody questioned it. Within the group of fit men was Jason, who was jogging just beside someone and joking around with them. He turned his head, still grinning from a joke, and made eye contact with a girl they went by just for a moment. His smile faltered as he watched her because he knew what Callan seeing her would mean, but he tried hard not to make a big deal about it. He quickened his pace slightly and ran down the stairs toward the beach second behind a larger man, forcing himself not to look back toward her. Though he didn't have a whole lot of hope that she'd make it past tonight, anyways. Callan just wasn't one for sympathy in this situation.

Back to top Go down
Donna
Administrators
Administrators
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:45 am

As I gave the group a little more room to pass I caught the eyes of one of the guys jogging past. My eyes widened a little more and I stopped walking, watching him as he passed by me. What the... heck? I wondered to myself. Then I clenched my jaw and turned around and kept walking determinedly in the direction I had originally been headed. If Liam didn't want to tell me what was up, then tough luck, I had to know how, this was getting fishier by the moment. I wrapped my scarf more securely around my neck and zipped my sweatshirt up a little more then broek into a joke. Liam was going to tell me everything, he had to.

I jogged for a few minutes before I finally saw the shoppe and slowed to a walking pace. I finally came up to the shoppe and glanced inside, I saw other workers cleaning tables, and counter tops, putting everything away and mopping. I leaning in closer to the window, pressing my nose against it, finally catching a glimpse of Liam, who seemed like he was about to leave. I smiled to myself and turned around, leaning against the window to wait for him.
Back to top Go down
user013
Moderators
Moderators
user013

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:55 am

As soon as I finished mopping the floors in the kitchen, my work day was over. And I was thankful for it, too. I was up late the night prior and found myself extremely eager to crash on the couch and go to bed really early. I threw my rag in the hamper and hung up my apron, as always, then gathered my things and headed for the kitchen door. Zach had left a few minutes ago, but not before securing himself in an insulated hoodie and pulling the hood over his head, which made me think it'd gotten colder outside since I arrived this morning. It didn't make a difference to me, though. Unless it was getting close to twenty degrees, which I assumed it wasn't, I'd be perfectly comfortable in just a t-shirt and pants.
I pushed through the kitchen's double doors and looked down as I went toward the exit door, finally looking up when I pressed my hand against it to open it. A wave of cold air grimly greeted me, but again, it didn't bother me. I glanced around as I walked through the door and immediately noticed the girl with red hair standing there, presumably waiting for me by the expression on her face. I paused in front of the door and let it close, furrowing my eyebrows. "What, couldn't stay away?" I asked, smirking a moment after, then I began walking in the direction of my house. It wasn't so fast that I wasn't inviting her to respond, but I still knew she'd be safest if she wasn't around me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bar Habour   Bar Habour - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bar Habour
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.:Momentsxx:. :: And the story begins... :: 101 RP's :: Humanity-
Jump to: